Wednesday, 18 November, 7.15-9.00am
Australian Institute of Management
7 Macquarie Place, Circular Quay, Sydney
Bernie Sheehan, Manager, Digital Skills Development, ABC
Bernie will go through the basics of developing your digital and social media plan and what’s important to consider. She will give an overview of social media in Australia and take you through some tips on the different platforms and the audiences on each. Some of the questions she will address include:
• Why do I need a digital and social media plan?
• Is my website working for me?
• How does my website fit in with social media?
• How can I use social media to enhance my business and attract customers?
• Should I develop digital and social media skills in house or outsource?
• What social media is best to use?
• How do I track what is working?
• What can I do simply and for free?
• How can I keep up with all the changes?
• Why do they call social media ‘engagement’ tools rather than promotional tools?
Bernie started out as a cadet reporter at 16 armed with 140 wpm shorthand and 100 wpm typing. After working as a journalist and editor for some years, she moved into online media at Microsoft creating online content in the web’s early days in Australia. This role was followed by Head of Programming for Ninemsn, Content Director at Chello Broadband, Product Director roles at News Ltd and Yahoo! Australia & NZ and the past seven years at the ABC.
Proudly supported by AIM and ACFIPS